Saturday, August 28, 2010

The State of the Union/ Questionaire

1. What Media do you like working in? I enjoy experimenting with pen and ink, ink-wash, brush and ink, crayon and water color, and digital coloring...

2. What Media do you hate working in? Honestly there's no medium I hate working in, due to the fact that I love to experiment for various ideas encounter, though if I had to name one it would be cut paper because of the tedious cutting and gluing.

3. What media would you like to try, but haven't? Print-Making, I think is a rather cool media, but I have no experience there so thats the only reason I haven't produced any finished work of its' kind.

4. List 3 non-illustration classes that have influenced you and/ or your work positively. Explain. Life Drawing has taken a tole on my work as far as the blind contour assignments go because my illustrations line art kind of mimics that of one those drawings and I use blind contour a lot when I'm out and about taking notes of what I see in my sketchbook and when I'm capturing shapes I find interesting.

Design System 1 has given me the urge to pay attention to ever little detail and aim for perfection in craftsmanship of my characters anatomy and environments.

Public Speaking has garnered me with a voice and given me the courage to voice my opinions and also allow my art to have that same courage and attempt to cross all boundaries and with that being an artist takes guts and taking risk by all means.

5. How has the work of your peers influenced you and your work? The work of class peers and other illustrators/artists has made me realize that there are some talented souls in this world and laziness makes no money in this business so Ps and Qs u most stay on top of and feel free to make art that represents you and voice your opinions without fear.

6. What sort of subject matter do you like to create work about? My art is often based upon real life situations either I've experienced, someone I know has, or either a story I've been told. 4 the most real life situations inspire work.

7. What kind of music do you like? Why? I enjoy the pleasant tunes of R&B and some Jazz, The crunk sounds of Hip-Hop, The thoughtful recordings of country music. However I must mention my favorite artist, 2pac Shakur because at times his motivational lyrics, rage, and egotistic music pulls the best art from within and his drive to make money off of his craft and his strategy for making music is what I try to mimic in making art. His music is a vault of gifts to the individuals that have lived the life he writes about and I feel my art can do the exact same thing to its followers.

8. What non art rekated interest/ hobbies/ skills do you have? Exploring and Meeting new people mostly women, Traveling and Exercising are some of my most fund things to do when I'm not knuckles deep into drawing funny pictures and doodles about the existence of our world.

9. What is something that you like that nobody else likes? Studying clouds and making doodles out of the fluffy air pillows is what I expect no one enjoys doing other than myself.

10. If you had the run of the World's Museums, what three works of original art would you like to own? First off the Mona Lisa, and then the other four can fall in place from Edvard Munch (The Scream), Les Demoiselles d'Avignon by Pablo Picasso, and The Starry Starry Night by Vicent Van Gogh for its' connection and mood to a dreamy path that is perhaps continued on forever and for the others the timeless posture and structure the figures have displayed for numerous decades are all the same of what I strive for my characters and their stories to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment