Sunday, August 29, 2010

POST 4: THE STATE OF THE UNION PART 1.

The Little fellow above was colored digitally from a sketch I made over the summer in relation to a shape that I found, which I didn't add to this post. By the way this is the perfect time to mention that the majority of my characters are referenced from found shapes I capture in my sketchbook and/or camera while I'm out and about taking notes and jollying around. The Title of the blog is related to this miscellaneous collection of shapes, splatters, and spots and so on.

I drew this guy a year ago in ink wash/Brush & Ink. If I can remember correctly if was one of my first times splashing ink around with a brush. Not bad, according to how nervous I was....

Ladies and Gentlemen this is Ham your ever so often dull and self destructive co-worker, taking yet another smoke break. I decided liven him up a bit with some color and a more evident environment. This was 2nd attempt at collaborating 2D and 3D elements practicing with my BAMBOO tablet, as I took notable inspiration from illustrator David Goldin..... davidgoldin.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment