Saturday, September 11, 2010

STUDIO SPACE CHARACTER SAFARI: VISUAL ESSAY

This post marks the beginning of my 1st ever visual essay on the little characters we often ignore, wipe away, walk over and sometimes even step on, in our kitchens, bathrooms, hallways, etc. (HOW RUDE!!!) These guys are everywhere just waiting to be noticed and I'm on the prowl looking for them to bring to you. This is the shape of which my friend Cymon was found, the 1st study of the character safari visual essay thats being documented from the Metz Hall Studio Space. In the words of Professor Joel Priddy: We see faces everywhere, We see faces in burrito wrappers and mudd puddles. I definitely agree and the same thing goes for these funny little characters I find with big tales to tell.
Cymon, here was found hanging out in the studio space of Metz Hall minding his own business, fascinated by his attire and tacky look I just had to inquire. He stood tall and slender, with a pale off white skin tone, black facial hair, a orange head of hair and a unibrow. He looks sort of like a hobo but obviously better, fitted in a dark yellow rubber suit with duck fin boots and a blank cold stare, Exploring the mysterious environment he had a few question and I had some of my own. More character studies of the character are soon to come and hopefully a compositional study with him and supporting characters from the story SKY SHIP which is the next project Im working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment